“I know you ne'er do well to trust a Rat, but Mercurio, there's more to him. Somethin' in his eyes. May have fleeced me of me gold, but it ain't for no good reason. He said so.”
The Grinning Blade
Mercurio (The Grinning Blade) is a playable Hero and member of the Rat Clan. He was one of the four original characters of Armello, and is available to all players without DLC. A conniving scoundrel, he rose through the ranks of Rat society using his quick paws and clever words, and makes his living in any way his particular skills allow.
Mercurio is a brown rat dressed in red and white silken finery, punctuated by a red rose pinned to his shirt. Wielding both a sword and dagger, and sporting his trademark grin, this self-styled "Lord" was born in a shanty town within the Rat Clan capital, but made his way up the social and economic ladder through all manner of swindling and treachery.
Though well-renowned for his quick wit and love of women, his true nature is relative to whoever is asked. Some say he is a philanthropist, sharing his spoils with the poor, while others claim he is nothing but a pitiless vagabond, with the truth being somewhere in between, depending on how much he likes you.
He is the main character of the Armello novella/audio book The Grinning Blade.
Mercurio has very high Wits and above-average Fight stats, but poor Spirit. As a nocturnal Hero, he is stronger at night than he is during the day.
Mercurio's Hero Ability is Scoundrel: When you capture a settlement, steal 1 Gold from its owner. Mercurio is a character that thrives on Trickery Perils and Items, so combining his high Wits and easy money Ability, he'll often have enough to play all sorts of Gold-costing Cards!
Mercurio's ring selection is designed to either give him an edge in settlement tiles or increase the rewards he gains from each kill, as well as give him the option to boost his already considerable Wits stat even further.
Rat Clan rings grant its heroes benefits on claimed Settlement tiles, or aid them in combat.
|Black Opal||Gain Stealth in Settlements, Day and Night.||Default|
|Obsidian||At Night gain Scout on all your claimed Settlements.||After 2 games|
|Ruby||First rolled Sword in Battle Explodes.||After 5 games|
|Turquoise||Gain the Evade ability.||After 10 games|
|Tanzanite||+1 Gold when you escape a Peril.||The Usurpers DLC|
- Greetings: You're here. We can begin.
- Farewell: I hope we'll meet again.
- Oops!: Accidents happen.
- Bad Luck: Maybe next time.
- Thanks: I will remember this.
- Sorry: My apologies.
- Mercy: I'm not the real threat here.
- Well Played: Clever. I like it.
- Laugh: Hehehe!
- Go for X: Strike X. Now!
- Truce X: Perhaps we should do business, X.
- Threaten X: We'll meet soon X. Then never again.
- Curse: Arrh! Worms take you!
- Ouch!: Eugh! Ouch!
- Go for Self: Challengers? Try Me. I'll enjoy it.
- Truce Self: You can only trust yourself. Even then...
- Threaten Self: I am Mercurio. I don't lose.
- Wow: That's... I'm amazed.
- Boast: Imagine the palace, draped in Rat Clan red.
- in his Mustachio skin his dagger is replaced with a pistol.
- ↑ League of Geeks (April 13, 2014). Thane, the Winter Wolf. Kickstarter.
- ↑ League of Geeks (April 30, 2014). NEW Scribe+ Tier! And - AUDIO BOOKS!. Kickstarter.
|Original Heroes||Amber • Mercurio • Sana • Thane|
|Secondary Heroes||Barnaby • Brun • River • Zosha|
|The Usurpers||Elyssia • Ghor • Magna • Sargon|
|Bandit Clan||Horace • Scarlet • Sylas • Twiss|
|Rivals||Hargrave • Griotte • Fang • Yordana|
|NPCs||King of Armello • King's Guard • Banes|